الجمعة، 21 أكتوبر 2011

Pre-Gaddafi, Post-Gaddafi....


So he's finally killed!

Muammar Gaddafi, after 40 years of dictatorship, is finally toppled and killed by the rebels..

I catch myself having a strange feeling, the same I had upon the killing of Bin Laden; It's really sad the humanity is happy for the killing of a man.

I don't mean in any way he should not have been killed but celebrating the death of a man is really inhuman no matter what a tyrant he is.

I can't think of the merciful Prophet and his companions celebrating joyously over the dead bodies of the 'infidel', rather, I think, he would be sorry those people were killed and will be punished in hell yet they had to be killed anyway to protect the world from their evil and hindering the light of God to shine.

What's interesting and controversial is Muaamar Gaddafi came to power 40 years ago through a military coup he led, later named 'al-Fatih Revolution' by him. So revolutionaries can be dictators, revolution is not a wizard's stick and there are no guarantees we will never go back to the dark ages.

The Libyans once danced in the streets when the king was gone and Muammar was in power and history repeats itself, Libyans now singing in the streets for he's done!


هناك 4 تعليقات:

shady يقول...

I am feeling the same way you do, I actually felt a bit sad for his death as a human being but I recalled all the people were killed in his era, so I thought to my self it is the normal revenge for people probably their entire families got killed by his rented dogs ...

OmarHammam يقول...
أزال المؤلف هذا التعليق.
khaled seleem يقول...

I felt something like that , Ommar

OmarHammam يقول...

@shady
It's fair I know but brutal too, paradoxical!
@khalid
sad, isn't it?