الخميس، 6 أكتوبر 2011

Morrie's Tuesdays.




"As you grow old, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It's growth. It's more than the negative that you're going to die, its also the positive that you understand you're going to die, and that you live a better life because of it." 
(118) - Morrie


Upon a suggestion made by AbdElRahman, a fellow at TEDxCairo, to set like a mini-Sour Azbakia at our TEDxCairo Office, many of us brought in books we already read or were no longer in need of. 


I was going through the titles when I stopped at 'Tuesdays with Morrie', I thought to myself; "It must be one of those American trashy romantic novels!" and I totally ignored it.


The second time, I was opting to try something new, so I took that book home with me. I started reading the book on my way to work riding the bus and it literally took me by storm. I actually did not read it, I rather devoured it. In two days or so, I was finished, very touched and in love with life. I knew the word GRATITUDE.


I am starting to read it again these days, less than six months since I last read it. I would to share with you some thoughts about the book.



  1. Being a true story, the novel is very engaging and you would enjoy every little detail.
  2. Mitch Albom, the author, seems to have other great book we should check.
  3. We don't know what university life is in Egypt!
  4. Interestingly enough, the book is still on Virgin Megastores bestsellers list for over a decade now, as I checked in Virgin Citystars the other day.
Mitch Albom, the author.
The book, I highly recommend it for everyone with the least good English. The language is so simple and silky smooth. You will learn so much on life, death and the meaning of gratitude and love.



I cannot recommend downloading it for free online, it's piracy. You can borrow it from me :)

هناك 3 تعليقات:

hope grave يقول...

seems interesting
?can i get a copy at Virgin stores

Rehab يقول...

i guess u've forgotten writing arabic :D :p

OmarHammam يقول...

@hopegrave
yeah, for 50-something, I think
@rehab
I am just practising but soon in Arabic isA