الجمعة، 30 سبتمبر 2011

My new mobile and integrity!





So I always try to go minimalist!

And while I can't claim I always get to do it, I have my ups and downs which assures me I am on the track.

One of the hallmarks of following an ideology or a certain notion is, I suppose, INTEGRITY!
Sadly enough, I can't find a proper translation for that word in Arabic, I am afraid this has to do with our double-faced culture ;)

I am struggling with that minimalism issue, I always think vastly before buying something if I really want it, whether I can make do without it. If the answer is yes, I get that thing at its most basic and uncomplicated primitive form.

A couple of months ago, my mobile phone went nuts, I can't make calls nor read SMS's, and here's the thing, we need phones just to make and receive calls and to text, that's it!
I went ahead and purchased a used Nokia 1280 black from a capitalist friend who was buying a silly new iPhone, poor you, friend ;)

I am really contented with my new phone and proud of the things it can't do; it doesn't have a camera nor can it log on to the internet nor anything fancy actually.

It's a phone and symbolizes the integrity I am struggling with :)

هناك تعليقان (2):

hope grave يقول...

i think Integrity means Isteqama, so does my dictionary.
Congratulations, amazing you could find this 3da and still working, lucky you

OmarHammam يقول...

You can join too :)