الخميس، 15 سبتمبر 2011

Pile-up Vs Up-grade


Allah says in the Qur'an:

I had so much difficulty figuring out what Allah might mean in this verse when I was a youngster. Is it the 'sexual reproduction'; having more and more children? But why would 
that be a bad thing whilst it's praised in much other Muslim literature?

As I always do, I carried on that question mark along with me for so long till I came across 
many resources that clarified that issue for me.

When I read on capitalism and minimalism, there was the answer. It's a human struggle between 'piling-up/abundance/affluence' and 'up-grading/qualifying/self-evolution'; we tend instinctively to consume more and more, piling useless stuff up, forgetting the higher end of our existence which is to clarify ourselves (tazkyet el nafs) and to know Allah, the Creator.

And as the infamous twitter parody account Capitalism says in one of its tweets; Every consumption is self-consumption, we regrettably -in today's industrial and modern societies -consume more and more trivial stuff and unnecessary clutter and so we consume ourselves and forget who we are and what we are here for, and get distracted, till we "visit the graves" or in other words DIE.

Let us always recall the clichéd yet genius saying of Friday sermons:
ما قل و كفى خير ممّا كثر و ألهى
Lets us live a life of upgrading, trying to qualify the 'less' we have in hand rather than pile up stuff that we don't need.

ليست هناك تعليقات: